Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thrifting through San Jose

Today I hit up some of my very favorite places in San Jose, where I did my undergrad, with some of my very favorite college pals. On the list: coffee, thrifting, and a used book store near my old apartment, and then some delicious falafels and gyros and more thrifting on one of the best desolate/commercial strips ever, San Carlos. I found some ridiculously good stuff, ate some ridiculously good food, and got to catch up with some ridiculously lovely ladies.

San Carlos at dusk! Used car dealerships, strip clubs, and antique and second hand stores as far as the eye can see!

At Black and Brown's new location on the Alameda. I know it might bum you out to know this, but I didn't end up getting this fur-and-tale-bedazzled cardigan. Oops. However, I did get a beautiful white stole and a warm maroon knitted skirt.

On to Recycle Books--a great collection, mostly great prices, and lots of cats running around! Recipe for success.

A painterly photograph of Marisa!


Steinbeck, my hero!



No trip down San Carlos would be complete without a pitstop at Falafel's Drive In. A San Jose staple.

Marisa's exceptionally stealable fries.

Theresa's yummy baba ghanoush.

My gyro!



Marisa's tasseled and my penny loafers.



Theresa!





And the finally on to Savers, where most items of clothing are around $4 or $5. And, if you carefully sift through your size, you're bound to find something great.

Bridget and me amongst endless racks of clothing.

It's almost time for me to say goodbye again to the West Coast. I'm gonna miss ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment