Thursday, October 6, 2011

Care Packages

I've been immobilized for the past few days by some new-fangled East Coast cold that is foreign to my West Coast immune system. Devin has been taking really good care of me, keeping me in Advil, bottled water, and spicy chicken ramen with baby spinach.

A box from my mom in California arrived yesterday, but I was too under the weather to open it until this afternoon. Coincidentally (she mailed it before I got sick), it is the quintessential get well soon package!

Reading material! Reading is the only thing I've really been able to do, aside from watching Netflix and sleeping. Included are two of my favorite magazines, Bust and Whole Living (Martha Stewart Omnimedia publications, I cannot resist you), some comics from the San Jose Mercury News, and "The Young Unicorns" by Madeleine L'Engle, which happens to be set in the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, right down our street.


My favorite tea from Peet's! I hadn't realized how many businesses were only California based until I left. Though there are Starbucks a plenty here, no Peet's!

The contents of my spice rack from home! Now I can whip up some delicious soup.

This beautiful blanket that now adorns the sickbed.

Group photo. Thanks, Mom! I'm feeling better already.

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome! Enjoy and get well soon! Let me know what you think of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're sick. Luckily you have Devin there to take care of you. And vice versa if he catches it too.

    ReplyDelete