Monday, February 6, 2012

False Spring

The weather has been so mild here that the poor bulbs have been tricked into thinking spring has sprung. Daffodils are in full bloom, and today I didn't even need any of the typical cold temperature accouterments. Punxatawney Phil may have predicted six more weeks of winter, but his divination certainly has a false ring to it when it's 50 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

I've been wearing some variation on this outfit ever since I got this awesome red and orange Fair Isle sweater and blue button up. The combination can look very prim and ladylike, super scholarly, or a little tough, depending on what they're paired with.

The leather biker jacket definitely roughs it up a little. I love this moto jacket--it was a De Anza Flea Market find in Cupertino, CA, way back in early 2004 when I was a sophomore in high school.




Rebelliousness countered by Heidi braids.




Those daffodils! Undeterred by the fact that it's the very beginning of February.





Snowdrops! If only there was some snow to go with them. A strange thing to wish for, perhaps, but I don't like false advertising, and I was promised an East Coast winter.


A lot prissier without the jacket.

Comfiest heels I own!

Sleeves double as faux gloves.


Devin's typical winter outfit. That scarf he's wearing is also a flea market find of mine, but from even further back, 2003.

Our dinner! So, the pizza in NYC has not lived up to the hype, but Famous Famiglia Pizzaria is a pretty passable chain establishment, and a stone's throw from our apartment. In other words, not bad, but I definitely have to cover everything I get with Sriracha. Devin's: Slice of pepperoni and a pepperoni stromboli. Mine: Slice of spinach. I will say this, however -- Their crust is super delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment